Understanding the purpose of a tax form or schedule is never a pleasant experience. That's why we created a comprehensive tax form library, showcasing the most frequently used tax forms and schedules you may encounter. We believe the process of staying compliant with your taxes should be as effortless as possible.
- What is the form number? Form 1040 Schedule C
- What government agency is it filed with? The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- What is the form name? Profit or Loss from Business
- What is this form about? Schedule C is a supplemental form associated with Form 1040 that U.S. taxpayers use to report income or losses from a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC. It provides spaces for detailing revenue, costs of goods sold, expenses, and the net profit or loss from the business. The results from Schedule C are then transferred to the main Form 1040 and contribute to the taxpayer's overall income or loss for the year.
What does it look like?
Looking for more information about this form? Here are some helpful resources:
- About the form - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-schedule-c-form-1040
- Example copy of the form - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf
- Form instructions - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sc.pdf
How can we help you today?
Looking for more information about this or other tax forms? The tax team at DiMercurio Advisors are tax compliance experts. We are passionate about ensuring you are well-informed and in control of your tax situation.