Understanding the purpose of a tax form or schedule is never a pleasant experience. That's why we created a comprehensive tax form library, showcasing the most frequently used tax forms and schedules you may encounter. We believe the process of staying compliant with your taxes should be as effortless as possible.
- What is the form number? Form 1040 Schedule 1
- What government agency is it filed with? The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- What is the form name? Additional Income and Adjustments to Income
- What is this form about? Schedule 1 is an additional form associated with Form 1040 that U.S. taxpayers use to report specific types of income beyond the standard wages, salaries, tips, and certain deductions. This includes items like business income, rental income, alimony, and student loan interest deductions. Filing Schedule 1 provides a more detailed breakdown of these types of income and adjustments, which are then transferred to the main Form 1040.
What does it look like?
Looking for more information about this form? Here are some helpful resources:
- About the form - https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040
- Example copy of the form - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf
How can we help you today?
Looking for more information about this or other tax forms? The tax team at DiMercurio Advisors are tax compliance experts. We are passionate about ensuring you are well-informed and in control of your tax situation.